Thursday 15 April 2010

Chooseing the right photos.

The next stage of my development was to choose the correct photos for my Front page, Contents page and then my double page spread. For My front cover, i wanted to choose a photo that was a medium close up of my model, from the waste up, that was eye catching and would automatically draw potential readers and buyers of the magazine in. Here are a few of the photos that i choose to decide from.


This was a strong photo that i first looked at. I feel the use of my photography and the correct image i created for my genre of magazine was really good. However i didn't feel that the image was strong enough to make a Front cover image, it was to far away and also had no selling point about it. The model was not looking at the camera either which would normally be a convention of a front page picture.





This next image i looked at again i thort was a really well photographed photo and the angle and the positioning of the model to the camera was excellent. However i decided totally against this photo because it was in black and white, and i didn't feel this would be as Strong as a colour photo for my front page. If the picture was in colour i would have felt differently about using it.



The final image i looked at was this one, and this is the one i decided i would use for my front cover. Firstly the positioning of the model to the camera is perfect, exactly how i wanted it in a medium close up. There is enough room to the left of the model to be able to fit all my text in and to write what was needed. The contrast of colour is brilliant as it isn't to bright and the colours are mostly neutral or greys so they all fit together. The facial expression on the model is extremely eye catching, and makes the reader want to read more as in why is she smiling like that, the model is also attractive, wearing nice clothes, and eyes directly aimed at the centre of the camera attracting people and having a Strong selling point.


Here is the screen shot of how i eddited my photos using a basic edditing program on windows on my laptop at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment