Thursday 15 April 2010

Development of front page

As soon as i had my image for my front page, i then needed to add all of the other text and imagery to make it conventional of a music magazine. I created my Front page on a photo minipulation program called Photoshop.
I Started by first creating the name One music for my magazine. This had to stand out on my page, and i positioned it right at the top of the page, in level with the models head, keeping it symmetrical. I decided to have the ONE, very big and also the lettering was thin, it was very bold, and i used the shadow and drop down tool to create a shadow around it. Inside the O i also then inserted the word Music, and that created a logo to, and also the name of the magazine One Music. I then underlined this to make it stand out even more.
Above this, in a smaller font i placed my slogan, 'The One and only top music magazine', the One Which was in bold, again just reminding the reader of the sophistication and status of the magazine.

Underneath this i then had the quote and headline for the main feature of my magazine, 'Daisy Goes Straight To The Top'. Here is a play on words to as the artists name is Daisy Goes. I then put all of the words in Bold, and again used the shadow and drop down tool to create a shadow and around it, making it stand out even more. I decided to keep all of the font in black as it would stand out more and match the other colours from the photo and make a good contrast with the background.

As the text carries on down the page, it carries on using Times New Roman and Heutic Neuve Font to create a sophisticated feel and keep without the genre that i had chosen and constantly fitting the targets audience needs. The rest of the text then just gave a look into what was in the issue.

At the bottom of the cover i then placed the Bar code, website of my magazine, price and date, all keeping the traditional conventions of a music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment