Thursday 15 April 2010

Development of Contents page

I found the task of producing a contents page quite difficult, especially because of the genre and audience i had chosen. I intended to create a contents page that was sophisticated and was directly aimed at a more mature audience.

I researched into some other contents pages and this is what i found.




I felt that these two contents pages really fitted the traditional conventions of a music magazine contents page, however for my contents page i really wanted to give a more sophisticated feel, and have a picture from my main feature, also have a paragraph written from the editor.

I felt it was really important to keep the say theme,colours and fonts throughout the whole of the pages i created. For my contents page, i felt it was important to use the Heautic Neuve font, this was because its what i used on the front cover, and also its a sophisticated classy feel to it. The contents page was busy, packed with text, so i had to keep the layout classy yet effective.

I decided to have a image from my main feature clearly represented at the top of the page. This was then closely followed underneath by a introductory paragraph about this months issue. To the right hand side of the page i had a grey box which my text was placed in, with the issues main features and events, which this was really effective and is stood out on the page, and also carried the colour theme on from the front page to then the contents page. The box around the text stood out and looked like useful information. The main text size of all my text on the contents page was size 10.

I also had my logo of One Music at the top of my page, following this on from the front cover. This was important as it is one of the main features and conventions of any magazine. My contents page and the ideas i had was not a traditional and conventional contents page but i think that the idea worked well and came out successful, even though the process of making the contents page was longer because of idea changes, in which i changed ideas on the layout several times, i think it was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment