Friday 16 April 2010

Evaluation activity 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

After doing some research into the distribution of media magazines, there were to main distributors that really stood out for me. IPC media and Bauer Media group were two that showed good potential to distribute and promote my magazine greatly.

My magazine is obviously a music magazine, so a excellent distributor of this could be Bauer media group. They already are hugely successful, and already distribute Kerrang and Q which are two hugely successful music magazines, and as i based alot of my inspiration around Q magazine it would be hugely beneficial for Bauer media group to distribute my music magazine too. My magazine is similar to Q, but does however challenge some of the main conventions of a music magazine so they would be able to reach out to new audiences. Bauer media group would also be able to help me advertise and promote my magazine widely and hugely to create a hype about it, maybe involving large social networking sites such as facebook or twitter. Bauer media group is commonly known to market their products further using radio and television. They do this using 'Bauer Radio' and 'Box Television'. This is also a successful way of targeting a wide audience.


IPC is another really successful distributor that icould use, they already distribute NME magazine so having them distribute my magazine would allow them to attract new audiences as my music magazine is aimed at different audience to NME.IPC Media produces over 85 iconic media brands, with their print brands alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 44% of UK men – almost 27 million UK adults.IPC's diverse print and digital portfolio offers something for everyone, with a focus on three core audiences: men, mass market women and upmarket women. I think that IPC media would have a gap in their distibuting for a music magazine such as my One music.

No comments:

Post a Comment