Monday 12 April 2010

Initial research

After completing all of the tasks for my first initial reseacrh into magazines, and also then my school magazine i had to start developing my ideas for my music magazine. I began by going and buying a few music magazines and analysing them. I looked at Q,NME and Rolling stones. After studying these magazines, i had quick instintints and ideas that i wanted to create a music magazine that was of more of a sophisticated genre and look and targeted a more mature audience.

I feel that Q magazine had the look i was going for, so i intended to really do some research into Q, to study a number of their front covers and double page spreads in order to get a good feel of the main conventions of a music magazine.From doing my research, the front cover pictured below really caught my eye, and the layout is how i intended to base my magazine and its conventions around.

No comments:

Post a Comment